Thursday, March 12, 2009

Calla's Sixty-Fourth Post

I am now officially on Spring Break. . . But I have so much a lot to do:
1) by Sat the 14th a have one midterm due
2) by Fri the 20th I have another midterm due
3) by Sun the 22nd I have an outline thing-y due.
4) I need to do all the interviews for my senior work, and don't even know how to go about it all
5) I need to start a draft (and preferably finish a draft) of my senior work.

Oh, I never even told you what my senior work was. I'll put it up in a minute. I'll put up the proposal and initial outline or something. It'll be swell (and probably boring to everyone who is not me.)

So, this is not a spring break. This is a spring I-have-more-to-do-now-than-I-do-when-it's-not-spring-"break." That is stupid. For real and for sure stupid.

Aw well. C'est la vie. (that is probably not how you spell that phrase. I don't know any French at all.)

It turns out I am really tired. I have a sort-of-flu thing going on. I wanted to write about all sorts of amazingly interesting things, like:
Revelation
LGBT - marriage?
Filet of Fish
Stupid Quote From a Yogi Tea Bag

More Michael pollan
37% divorce thingy
real life gataca


That is a list I was keeping for myself on Text Edit. Probably it means nothing to you. But it means something to me. So that is a list of 7 and I will talk about one right now and then go to sleepy-time-bed-time and put up the papers tomorrow as well.

I am going to tell you that in a poll 37% of marital/divorce lawyer people said they have seen fewer divorces since the recession. OK, this statistic is the dumbest statistic I maybe ever heard. It tells you (and me) nothing about the divorce rate. It tells you (and me) nothing about what the majority of those divorce lawyer people think. For all I know, after hearing that pointless stat, 63% of those people reported MORE divorces. Do you see the NOT LOGIC here? We are supposed to assume that the recession is keeping people from getting divorced. But the statistic doesn't even imply as much, and I don't know why everyone in this nation is so so dumb.

The end for now.

Love,
US PEOPLE AND ANIMALS


These are animals. But they're not my cats unfortunately. They are also made of metal.

No comments: